RIDGE STONE GOLF CLUB TO OPEN UNDER NEW OWNERHSIP & MANAGEMENT
SHEFFIELD, Iowa – April 3, 2013 – Open for business. The Ridge Stone golf course in Sheffield, Iowa, will be open for the 2013 season under new ownership and management.
Dean Capesius, certified PGA teaching professional and part-owner, will serve as Ridge Stone’s golf course and clubhouse administrator. He’s already posted an ambitious tournament schedule for 2013, beginning with a 4 Man Best Shot on May 4. Ridge Stone will host 23 tournaments including three in May, five in June; seven in July; five in August and three in September. The schedule includes events for all ages from Pee Wee golfers and junior players to couples and seniors.
“We want to create a comfortable environment that’s inviting to people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds,” says Capesius. “We want to get area youth excited about the sport and help families enjoy spending quality time together.”
Ridge Stone is designating one day per week to “spotlight” each of its
- On Mondays, the course will be reserved from 8 a.m. until noon for kids’ play. Each week, Pee Wees will work on a
different shot from putting and chipping to driving.
They’ll play on the par 3 course and eventually work their way onto the larger course. While Pee Wee events are typically held for kids ages 7 to 9, Capesius is willing to work with kids as young as 5. Eventually, they’ll be ready to hit the links. Junior golfers, ages 10 and older, will be paired with adult volunteers who will drive them around the course and offer encouragement and tips. Clubs can be provided for youth who need them.
- Tuesday will be open golf during the day, and reserved for ladies after 5 p.m.
- Wednesday will be open golf until noon and then reserved for men in the afternoon and evening.
- Thursday is open golf all day. “Open” means open to any age and gender and hometown or home course as Ridge Stone is a public course.
- Friday will be open golf with an emphasis on couple play. After enjoying a round of golf, whether it’s a quick round on the par 3 course or 18 holes on the large course, couples will be invited to relax either in the bar or enjoy a night of fine dining.
- Saturdays are green fee days and tournaments. When tournaments aren’t scheduled, the course will be open to the public. Couples and families can also enjoy fine dining on Saturday evenings.
- Sunday is Family Day with emphasis placed on the driving range, putting green and par 3 course. Watch for par 3 tournaments to be announced soon!
“We’re targeting everyone as a potential player at Ridge Stone. And, I do mean everyone!” says Capesius. “As a PGA professional, I’m passionate about expanding the
game of golf and helping people develop skills
they can use, playing a sport they can enjoy from youth through retirement.”
“Ridge Stone is one of North Iowa’s most beautiful and unique 9-hole courses,” adds Capesius. “Ridge
Stone’s layout and facilities are simply beautiful, so we’re looking forward to opening up and allowing even more people from the area to enjoy them. We’re also looking forward to attracting others to this area for a great golfing experience.”
Ridge Stone Golf Club opened in 2002, featuring both a par 3 and a 9-hole course. Named Iowa’s Best 9-Hole Course of the Year in 2008, its layout includes many unique features. Hole 4 on Ridge Stone pays homage to the Smith Brick & Tile plant, which was once a landmark of the Sheffield community. Golfers will find themselves playing though the remains of the brick plant as they approach the green. Hole 7 is the course’s signature hole, with Bailey's Creek on the left and a pond on the right. For more information, visit www.ridgestonegolfclub.com.
Our Products & Services
Question placeholder? Get detailed information here.